Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sappy Happy Birthday!

So today is a very happy day.  It's the boyfriend's birthday!  I'm going to do my best to not actually make this a sappy post, but to spend a little bit of time talking about him because he is a big part of my life, and you should know him, too.

I guess first I should tell you his name is Omar.  

He works for the Pirates and the Penguins. His work ethic is exceptional and I admire that.  He does what it takes to get things done and although he hasn't quite caught his break yet, I know it's coming.  

His doppelganger is this guy...which is sorta nice cause Dexter is my favorite show on television.  When you ask my nephew Emry who Dexter is, he points to Omar.

He is actually 11 months younger than me, but often times more mature acting. I like to joke that I'm a cougar. :)

We've been dating for 3 months... actually today is officially 3 months...but it feels like it's been longer.  We had an instant connection from the first time we talked and we've built successfully on that over the past few months.

He is 1/2 Egyptian, but doesn't really look it with his ginger hair and freckles, although his beautiful sisters most definitely do.  He claims he tans really well, but we haven't made it to summer yet, so we shall see 'bout that.

He is by far the most well rounded guy I've ever dated and can easily carry a conversation with all types of people... between music, culture, politics, sports, exercise, lifting, running, theater, travel, etc, he's got it covered.

He has been to Egypt a handful of times and did an internship in London. We're actually heading to NYC this weekend to celebrate his birthday.  This is also exciting because he spent a chunk of his childhood growing up in Brooklyn.  He is taking me to see his old stomping grounds and we're going to hopefully see a few musicals as well. I'm stoked!

He is also a runner and is training for the Pittsburgh Marathon as well, but he is planning on doing the full (cray cray) as long as his body doesn't decide to crap out on him.  He is also a blogger and has been discussing his workout regime and his plans to get his body healthy again.  You should definitely start following him too!  Attempt on Life

He is a very random person and is very quirky.  I think that's what makes me laugh the most when I'm with him.  He knows how to defuse issues before they become problems and isn't afraid to say he is sorry when he is wrong.  It's refreshing.

I think the fact that he agreed to go on vacation for a week with some of my friends that he hasn't even met yet, says something about his personality/character.

Am I rambling too much about him?

We still have a lot to learn about each other and I think we both have a great approach to this relationship.  I couldn't be happier with how things have progressed.  My friends often tell me that they haven't seen me smile as much as I have the last few months.... okay starting to get sappy.  

Regardless, Happy 26th Birthday Omar!!  Do me a favor and thank your mom for me.


:)

1 comment: