Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 1 of 30 DUNZO!

Well hello fronds. Day 1 is done and I have a few things to report.

First, I must bring on the pictures of zeee delicious foods.

I spent Sunday afternoon prepping my food for breakfast (for the week) and for lunch.  All of the meals shown are from the Practical Paleo fat loss 30 day meal plan.

Breakfast
Zucchini and carrot crustless quiche.
This dish is delightful.  Full of flavor and so very easy to make. One casserole makes 6 servings. Next time I'll use a smidge less salt when I make it.
This morning I paired it with 8 oz of bacon.  Next time I will probably  make about 5 oz instead. 8 oz is a lot of bacon haha.  
I love the Rolo made it into the pic!

Lunch
I made some chicken for the week in one big batch. This is the gluten-free mustard glazed chicken thighs.
And here is what I had for lunch.  A mixed green salad with tomatoes and carrots and some homemade balsamic vinaigrette and three of the chicken thighs pictured above.
Dinner
Garlic, salt and pepper rubbed flank steak
 With green pepper and onion
 The final product. YUM.
I was also supposed to eat spinach with my dinner, but unfortunately I was pretty full and didn't even finish my dinner.  In fact, I only ate about 1/3-1/2 of the plate before I was too full to continue.

So what do I think so far?
  • The food is delicious and incredibly filling.  I was never hungry today, not once. Seeing as I'm a girl who can put a way quite a bit of food, this is huge for me.  So nice to be on a "diet" and not be starving all the time.
  • I craved sugar like WOAH.  Like right now I'm sitting here wishing I could just have one piece of chocolate or one of those delicious cookies in my freezer. I won't do it, but I'm definitely craving something sweet.  This was expected though, sugar is addictive and my body is going to experience some withdrawal symptoms over the next week.  
  • I have had a little big of a nagging headache, but I know that it's probably only going to be worse tomorrow.
  • I've also had some nausea. This too is a symptom that most people experience while going through withdrawal.
  • Lastly, I had been peeing like a racehorse. I mean I normally pee a lot, but dear sweet baby Jesus it's even worse!!  I read that this will probably continue until my body adjusts to not having carbohydrates. Fair enough, better out than in, eh?


So I also wanted to clarify that I will be weighing in every Monday morning and putting any weight loss (or gain ugh I hope it's not a gain) on the blog.  I'll also try to blog a few times a week.  Things are going to start to get busier soon with half marathon training and volleyball starting up again, but I will certainly do my best to fit it in as much as possible fronds.

Lastly, as of 7pm my breakfast and lunch were packed for tomorrow as well.  In the words of Liz I was a Paleo ninja today! I even packed extra for my mum to try.


One day down, 29 to go.  I got this yo....just gotta take it one day at a time.




9 comments:

  1. IF THIS works after a month i am going to give it a shot. I am stumped in my recent choice of foods...and not losing weight. keep me posted sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I'm only on day 2, I fully support this decision. I'll let you borrow my book and you can read all about it. I strongly believe it's the way to go.

      Delete
  2. Grats Brah. Keep at it. The next 3 days will be hell, and then you will feel amazing. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh. Today is definitely tough, I know I just need to get through this week and the rest should be uphill!

      Delete
    2. down hill, not uphill! haha oops

      Delete
  3. look at Rolo!!! He's all "MA. I want that bacon!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty sure rolo is loving this diet... all the delicious smells! and he always gets a taste!

      Delete
  4. Are you planning on reviewing any of the research you've been doing on here? I think it would be interesting to learn some of the stuff you're learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely get on that frond! I'd love to share what I'm learning.

      Delete