Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

IDK about you, but I'm happy the holidays are over!

I'm happy the holidays have ended and life will get back to normal. I'm selfish...and I mean that in the least negative way possible. Yes, I will surely miss the delicious food I had at my fingertips the last few weeks, but my ass and my favorite jeans will be happy that things will be going back to normal around here. That will mean more posts for you to read (I know, you're stoked!) and more time for me to spend getting back on track with my healthy eating and running schedule.

Since the last time I've posted something I've gotten two good runs done. A 3.5 miler and a 5 miler.  The 3.5 miler was nothing to write home about.  I did it around my neighborhood in 35:23, not my best, but most definitely not my worst. The 5 miler on New Years Day was something I was a little more proud of though...

Here was the breakdown:
Mile 1 - 9:42
Mile 2 - 9:44
Mile 3 - 9:46
Mile 4 - 9:28
Mile 5 - 9:41

I was especially proud of the fact that I ran in the rain and in a wind advisory. I basically gave that wind advisory a big fat middle finger (or in my case a long thin middle finger..only thin part of this body are my fingers!)  Can you tell which mile the wind was at my back pushing me to go significantly faster than the other miles?  haha.  Regardless, I was proud because I dreaded that 5 miler after the yucky first 5 miler Here is a link to that post just in case you didn't get to read it. Even though the weather wasn't what I had hoped for, I pushed through and crushed those 5 miles.  It really felt awesome and I felt great during the run even though the wind, at times, made me feel like I was doing the running man.  I was happy to cross that run off of my training plan!

Other than running, I've spent a lot of time with friends, the boyfriend and family over the last few days.  I still owe a post about my family, and I was trying to think how I could possibly put into words everything my extended family is to me, but someday soon I'll figure it out and write a post about it, promise!  This was the first New Years Eve that I thoroughly enjoyed in a long long time, and it was a great way to start 2012. 

Not too much else going on right now, but I promise these posts will get exponentially more interesting as this year progresses.  For now I leave you with my most recent t-shirt from Threadless Tees.  So much truth in this cute little (ok I had to buy a large so perhaps it's not too little......) shirt.  That's exactly how I feel sometimes Ms. Rhino, but don't give up, maybe someday you'll be just as beautiful as the unicorn in your own curvy way :)

2 comments:

  1. your a beautiful person sis...you don't give yourself enough credit. for your family posts...you could do each sibling individually instead of all at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shirt!! I used to tape pictures of Fergie in my dorm room in college for workout motivation, it's like the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete