Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lunch Time Run

I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to work from home two days a week.  I am very spoiled. I do my best not to take it for granted either.  I know that if I ever decide to get another job, it's going to be very hard for me to go into an office every day of the week.  The added bonus with working from home, along with being able to throw in a load of laundry, tidy things up, make healthy meal choices oh and can't forget working in my jammies, is the fact that I get to go for lunch time runs.  An hour is enough time to get in a good weekday run.  
Today wasn't exactly a good run, but I did it.  I also made sure to change my route so that I hit a lot more hills than normal (as you will be able to see in my splits below... miles 2 and especially 3 were a doozy).
Mile 1 - 9:55
Mile 2 - 10:12
Mile 3 - 10:36
Mile 4 - 10:00
TOTAL TIME = 40:43
Not too much to say about this run.  My legs were tired and I tried to push myself the last 0.5 mile or so because I just wanted the run to be over.  


One thing before I go though, it's amazing the effect music can have on me.  It can evoke such strong emotions and take me back to certain times, good and bad.  Today, during my run, a song came on that has always brought about strong emotions in me.  It took me back to a time when I was hurting... the first time I heard the song, the lyrics were just perfect.  It's like the person writing them knew exactly what I was going through at the time (a bit dramatic I know, but I can be that way sometimes) and it hit me hard.  I used to listen to the song on repeat.  I put it on my running mix because hearing it usually pushes me to go faster and harder because it stirs up so many emotions in me. Well today, it caused me to break down a little and I actually cried.  Sounds a little pathetic as I write this, but I guess it's just that kind of day. The song ended and I pulled myself together and finished strong like nothing happened. It is what it is fronds.

1 comment:

  1. oh sis! music can definitely power through things...THERE's no CRYING in BASEBALL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete