Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Holy DOMS

Holy.Delayed.Onset.of Muscle.Soreness.

Let's backtrack a bit, because I guess I should update about how the speed workout went at the track on Wednesday. 

1 mile run at about a 9:45 pace. 
Dynamic stretching.
8 - 100m "sprints" Basically, it's sprinting the straights and walking the curves of the track.
A little less than a mile cool down.

Polish Josh definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone on this workout.  I felt pretty good during the workout.  I pushed hard, but not too hard.  I didn't want to get injured, but I gave as much as possible.  After, my legs were a little shaky but I felt pretty darn good.

Soreness on Thursday wasn't as bad as I expected, but I also know from experience that the second day is ALWAYS worse.  By about 8pm last night I was feeling it.  This morning, I was struggling.  My hammies are SO FREAKING TIGHT!  That's the main soreness that I'm experience, but I was surprised to also find that my abs were a little sore and so were my biceps.  I must have really been pumping my arms...This couldn't be more true and is EXACTLY what I think:

I'm actually a little excited to be this sore because it means I did get a good workout.  Even though it's a little depressing that I'm this sore, it's good to know that I pushed myself out of my comfort zone (with the help of PJ of course).  I have a long way to come in respect to my speed and my "sprints" but  I'm up to the challenge.  I know these workouts are only going to make me a better, stronger, faster runner, which is the ultimate goal.  Now I must go hobble around and clean this house!

4 comments:

  1. Great work the other night! Keep it up, and you'll be in "Beast Mode" in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha great post. i like the picture...you are too funny.

    it's a good sore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course! you can come with us!

    ReplyDelete