Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Exciting Part of Training for My First 1/2

Other than the fact that training for the 1/2 marathon allows me to be a little more flexible with my food consumption (AKA I can enjoy that piece of pizza and not feel AS guilty), one of the most exciting parts of training for my very first half marathon is the mileage increase.
Each weekend "long run" increase brings a new mileage that I've never run before.  Each "long run":
  • is a new challenge
  • is a new distance to defeat
  • is a new accomplishment to add to the books
  • Helps to build more confidence in myself and my abilities as a runner
  • Helps me realize my strengths and weaknesses and what I need to work on during my weekday workouts (it's hills, it's always, always hills)
  • and most importantly...

MAKES ME EVEN MORE EXCITED FOR THE HALF MARATHON TO GET HERE SO THAT I CAN CRUSH IT!  


8 miles with the fronds and boyfrond this Saturday... bring it!

1 comment: