Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Planning the Next Move

So the run on Monday... well that didn't go so well.  We only made it about 1.7 miles until I had to stop.  The pain was bad and I didn't want it to get any worse.  So we stopped and walked for a while.  I went home and foam rolled and stretched.  I was curious to see how bad the pain was Tuesday morning.
I was definitely in pain Tuesday. Sad panda.
Everything seems to be feeling better today, but I know that it's time to figure out where to go from here.  Now is the time to rest up and get this leg back to business.
So I'm planning, thinking and researching. I know that I want to do the Erie Half Marathon in September and the Great Race in Pittsburgh, also in September.  I won't have to start training for those until later in the summer.  So now I have a bit of time to get stronger and faster. 
I know that I can't run just yet, so I need to find some other forms of cardio to get some calories burned.  Fishy is feeling like a fat manatee lately! I also need to get some strength training in.
I want to do hot yoga (Vinyassa), I have 4 classes purchased that I need to use.  I also am contemplating doing a boot camp class.  I have also started researching Crossfit.... don't tell PJ haha.
I want to get stronger and more fit.  I want to be healthier. The problem right now is that I'm going to be travelling for the next 3 weeks for work.  No point in paying for classes and such when I won't actually be able to partake in them.
So I'm going to have to come up with a routine to do in the gym at the hotel and/or in my hotel room. Time to get this fat ass a-movin'! 

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions.  And if you're a woman and a crossfitter, I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions.  I have heard from guys but I want to know what women feel about it.  


PS babysitting my nephew Noah tonight... can't flipping wait to eat those cheeks!  

2 comments:

  1. you can borrow my P90x dvd's, and I would highly recommend you see a physician at UPMC sports medicine on the southside as long as your insurance covers the visit. Dr. Stone is the guy you want to see. he is thorough and a runner himself. tell them you don't want medication...just PT exercises to fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to PT for over a month last February... so I know what I need to do. Just need to do it. It's all about strengthening the muscles in the leg. So that's the next step. Perhaps I'll try the p90x! thanks brother!

    ReplyDelete