Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Detox=Death

This is going to be short.  Still killing the Paleo diet, haven't cheated yet, but good God am I experiencing major withdrawal/detox symptoms.  I thought maybe I was getting sick but research shows that I'm going through withdrawal from gluten/sugar/carbs.  I even read that symptoms are similar to opiate withdrawal... WHAT!?!

I feel like death.  I am coughing, I have a sore throat, I'm exhausted, my whole body aches and my headache is unbelievable. My back is so achey and sore that I cannot sit comfortably or lay comfortably, or stand for any extended period of time without pain. It's a constant ache that is making me go crazy because I cannot get comfortable in any position.  I may or may not have cried last night... it was that bad. I finally caved last night and popped some pain medicine (gluten free!) for fear that I wouldn't be able to sleep. I can't thank Omar enough for coming over and rubbing my back and helping me take care of the dog last night.  I am lucky to have him in my life!

If what I'm experiencing now isn't proof that refined carbohydrates and sugar are addictive and poisonous to our bodies, then I don't know what is! 

Read this article for more information.  For now, it's time to buy some more gluten free sugar free medicine and try to get some rest. I can only hope this passes soon because everyone raves just how wonderful you feel once you are finally detoxed. FINGERS CROSSED!

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up Pringles and feel better. What you are experiencing is not unusual, and to be expected. Stay strong for the next day or two. It'll be bad but your body will kick all the toxins and start running as it should. Proud of you. It's smooth sailing from here on out.

    ReplyDelete