Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Today, I'm a WINNER!

So I have had a busy last few days with friends and house stuff. I've also given my legs a little break from exercising.  They have just been so tired and heavy lately, so I decided to shorten one run this week, and didn't partake in Sunday night v-ball or Monday night Zumba.  These legs-o-mine should be well rested for tonight's 5 miler.  I plan on kicking some serious butt tonight, resting tomorrow, and then putting in 11-12 miles Saturday.  Woo!


So today I'm a winner because I faced my shopping fear again.  I wanted to find just a few tops to wear now that the weather is getting a little nicer. Also, Friday Omar is taking me to see Beauty and the Beast the musical at Heinz Hall (I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this...what a nerd) with some of his friends and Sunday is Easter. I'd like to look nice for both events!


I decided to stroll to Macy's to see what kind of selection they had.  I saw so many tops that I loved!  I had a huge stack of clothing to take to the dressing room, a few dresses and some tops in varying sizes. The best part about it, everything fit!  I didn't end up buying it all, because even though a lot of the tops fit, they didn't necessarily look right on my body.  But I realized on this shopping trip, that it was the style and cut of the clothing, and not my body, that was the problem.  This isn't always true, but today it was.  I ended up with  4 tops and 2 cami's for 94 bucks!  Not too shabby, eh?  I still have a lot more that I need to buy but I'll chip away at it bit by bit as funds allow.


The tops are girly and pretty, and definitely not like a lot of the clothing I currently have in my closet. I'm a pretty casual dresser.  Give me flats, jeans, and a fitted T and I'm a happy girl.  I went out of my comfort zone today and tried on some flowy tops with lace and patterns, and even stripes, and I was pretty happy with the outcome.  I don't care the size of a shirt, if it takes an xl to look right because of the cut of the shirt, then that's what it takes.  If it looks awesome, I'm not going to not buy the shirt because of the size on the tag.  That's silly, in my opinion.  It's all about finding clothes that fit your body, no matter the size.  So today I fought my battle with clothing shopping and today I won! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment